The practice of real estate law involves a wide and complex set of activities centering on sales and acquisitions, title, land use, environmental, development, leasing, finance, joint ventures, and litigation.
We specialize in all aspects of commercial property transactions and conveyancing, advice on property development in relation to commercial, urban, residential and agricultural areas. Advice is also provided on sale and purchase agreements, leases, development agreements and building contracts. Where required, our Property team assists in setting up special purpose vehicles for property investors and developers.
We offer expertise in the following areas:
- Sales & Acquisitions. Representation of buyers and sellers in the acquisition and disposition of the various kinds of real estate including office premises, industrial buildings, residential properties.
- Title issues. Checking of title to real estate, evaluation of title encumbrances.
- Development. Negotiation and drafting of development and construction agreements and other documents required for development and construction office buildings, shopping centers, mixed-use projects, or industrial sites.
- Leasing. Negotiation and preparation of office, retail, and industrial leases and long-term ground leases.
- Finance. Representation of lenders and borrowers in real estate debt arrangements, including permanent financings, construction loans, bridge loans, conduit loans, mezzanine loans, shared appreciation loans, and portfolios of non-performing loans.
- Joint Ventures. Structuring and negotiating partnership agreements, limited liability company operating agreements, shareholder agreements, and other forms of joint venture arrangements, as well as advise on the tax aspects of the transactions.
- Litigation. Representations of real estate owners, buyers, sellers, lessors, brokers, lenders, and developers in contract disputes, construction disputes, title disputes, and bankruptcy.
Meet the team behind our Property department